St. Mary’s School, Sector 46/B, Chandigarh, was started in the year 1989, owing to the dedicated efforts of legendries of Orthodox Syrian Society. The school derives inspiration from a born visionary H.G. Dr. Paulose Mar Gregorios, founder of the school. He is known for his selfless service to the humanity. This institution is still glittering with youthful energy, dynamism, enviable glory and grace. SMS has completed more than 31 glorious years of service for the cause of education with a sound track record and is renowned as one of the ripple making schools of Chandigarh. The school has been carrying on the torch of knowledge through value education and character formation with dignity and grandeur. Its mission - vision philosophy is “By Love, We Serve.” Education means to acquire the present-day wisdom. Access to education in various spheres such as social, political, economic, and scientific can act as a catalyst to change and literate and educated people are a prerequisite for such a developing society. Education as a tool has always paved radiance to the social and cultural norms as learning is related to personality, social behavior and development. Keeping in mind the real cause of education, SMS aspires to implant specific attitudes, knowledge and skills to the members of the society through formal and systematic learning experience.
Thus SMS aims to:
- Identify and embolden talent of all kinds and degrees to stretch the intellectual and creative capacity of individual Students towards the expansion of every child’s potential power of learning and the powers of critical independent thought.
- Provide Students with the skills of communication to envision and develop fluency in English language and foster enjoyment of all the processes of communication: oral, written and visual.
- Envision to illustrate the inter-relationship of all human knowledge through the mission values and conduct, to cultivate an appreciation of students’ creative skills and to stimulate a concept of learning as a life-long process. Thus to depart knowledge and understanding of the environment in which a child lives, including recognition of the interdependence of human being in his various activities upon his companions and the physical world around him.
- To induce sensitiveness of perception, receptiveness to new ideas and imaginative sympathy with the experiences of others.
- To inculcatebasic human values such as tolerance, independence, flexibility of mind, humility in the face of the wonders of nature, respect for everyone, their beliefs and values and a respect for manual work etc.
- To enable the child to develop independence, confidence and self-reliance. Towards this goal special consideration in stimulating intellectual curiosity by directing and developing emotional intelligence to attain clear thinking resulting in non-discrimination.
- To produce an awareness of the mainstream of our cultural and literary and scientific traditions.
- To strengthen those inner resources and traits of character, which enable the individual, when necessary, to standalone to face the challenges of life.
I would like to take this opportunity to seek the continued support, good wishes and blessings of all while feeling privileged to be part of the mission and vision of St. Mary’s School.
May the Good Lord keep us happy with every blessings especially good health.